Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"Music is the study of invisible relationships between internal objects"

Sometimes a short post or speach makes such an impact on us that it is comparable to what a book can make...

I just read the amazing "Inspiration Speech" by Karl Paulnack, pianist and director of Boston Conservatory. The text is short, it will not take more than 15 minutes to read. You can also find it here.

Entitled "The Value of Music" in simple words tells us what we basically know, but what we tend to forget... Music is something of utmost importance in our lives - something that studies "invisible relations" - sometimes spatial, sometimes temporal, but always - spiritual...

So take time, read it - and even if you are not musician, don't skimp on next several $ to buy a record with what you love....

On my part, I slowly prepare to great event - listening to Mahler's VIII.....
Stay tuned, I will write a post after the concert (that takes place in my home next weekend) ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Macrospherology of humans. Globes - volume two of Peter Sloterdijk's Spheres

I have been reading the second volume of Sloterdijk's magnum opus for a couple of months now. I still haven't found the time for a f...