Sunday, March 29, 2009

Inheritance - admonition or realism ....

For some time now I will switch to reading non-fiction... Not because I do not like it any more, but because I will love to return to it :-)

My first non-fiction attempt is very political and timely. It is David Sanger's "Inheritance - The World Obama Confronts and the Challenges to American Power". The main thought behind the title of the book seems to be an assertion that Obama inherited unimaginable problems from Bush. And it IS convincing.

I just started, so it is not a review yet - but I already can tell two things: that the book is written in a very exciting and good-to-read language and ... that it is scary to read it....

I just finished the chapter about Iranian atomic program - not only there is certainty that they are on the path to the bomb, but there are not too many options the world, US, and Obama have - to stop them from that deadly path. Unfortunately, some of the reasons for this inability are due to mistakes Bush's administration made in handling Iraq, terrorism etc ....

Terribly true. I must however, admit something. For many years I was a very strong supporter for Bush. My eyes opened not very long time ago. So I do not blame him or people who supported him. As far as I understand myself, I understand them - and him. We are just mere mortals and we stray so often ...

Post written during a 15 minutes break in my lecture about Project Management in a small town Blonie near Warsaw, Poland ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Macrospherology of humans. Globes - volume two of Peter Sloterdijk's Spheres

I have been reading the second volume of Sloterdijk's magnum opus for a couple of months now. I still haven't found the time for a f...