Sunday, February 03, 2008

My readings...

I'm not a good blogger. You know my vistors .... But I will do my best to improve :-) In fact I feel the urge to publish some notes after every book I read. To many of you who know me, this must be a surprise: Mirek reads? When? Actually I listen to. For last 3 and half years I listen to various audio books in English. My principial source is Audible.com, but occasionally I used also Aishaudio.com and some other sources. The audio books opened to me a world of literature that was closed to me because of my busy life as CEO of Makolab....

Now, whereever I go, in my car on a trip, in plane, and almost everyday on bike between my home and my office - I have my earphones on, my Zen Nano on and I read by my ears....

I will try to post some thoughts about the best books I read. As for today - I just finished Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf.... incredible book, but honestly - quite difficult ... After the Clarissa Dalloway "stream of consciousness" I switch to Ken's Follett "World without end". Easier reading certainly - but I like Ken's style and imaginative narration. I was mesmerised by "Pillars of the earth" ....

Well, I do not promise to give a post to all great books I read - but I will try to list them, comment on some, and be better with my future reading.

Keep smiling with me --> and READ !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Macrospherology of humans. Globes - volume two of Peter Sloterdijk's Spheres

I have been reading the second volume of Sloterdijk's magnum opus for a couple of months now. I still haven't found the time for a f...