Monday, February 04, 2008

Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf

It's not easy book, as I said.
Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf. There are many senses and contexts, certainly.
But I'm not a literary critic. I want to recall only the "turns of heart" of the main characters there:

"But this question of love (she thought, putting her coat away), this falling in love with women. Take Sally Seton; her relation in the old days with Sally Seton. Had not that, after all, been love?"

"To love makes one solitary, she thought. "

"One could not be in love twice, he said"

but the ending is what makes the essence of the book:

"What is this terror? what is this ecstasy? he thought to himself. What is it that fills me with extraordinary excitement? It is Clarissa, he said.
For there she was."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Macrospherology of humans. Globes - volume two of Peter Sloterdijk's Spheres

I have been reading the second volume of Sloterdijk's magnum opus for a couple of months now. I still haven't found the time for a f...