Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Two applications of Wikipedia - one of Meaning, second of Printing

Wikipedia has two fantastic offspring ideas.

In the first we can see what size it would have if printed on paper. See http://www.rob-matthews.com/index.php?/project/wikipedia/ (via David Weinberger). Have fun :-)

In the second, which I get into closer at last ESWC conference, called dbPedia, we have huge extraction of structured data or, structured data. I specifically like the term "Meaning Minining" coined by David Weinberger. Sings in my ears nigh to my "Web full of Meaning" as I call Semantic Web...


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:01 AM

    Mirek,

    First you remind us about sweeping changes in Poland, then the XX anniversary of your successful web services company, now you tell us about databases extracted from Wikipedia - and the promise of a new civilized world via the Semantic Web!!

    This is all great - do keep the pictures in the picture, too. Your photographs are also wonderful.

    Your blog is a fun and interesting place to visit!
    Compliments,
    A fan

    ReplyDelete

Macrospherology of humans. Globes - volume two of Peter Sloterdijk's Spheres

I have been reading the second volume of Sloterdijk's magnum opus for a couple of months now. I still haven't found the time for a f...