Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Dave Eggers in Paris

This post is not yet about any book - though I will certainly read one of his books.
"He" is Dave Eggers, American writer, publisher and activist.
I met him in Paris, on September 4th, 2009 in Shakespeare & Co. bookstore - my favorite place in all the Europe...
Dave is the author of several fiction and nonfiction novels, including such titles as "Zeitoun" and "The Wild Things". I recorded a short movie during his public appearance in the bookstore:


He is just incredible story teller, and I was amazed by this rare opportunity to meet face to face with genius writer.

Dave can also be seen in fantastic interview made 9 years ago by Charlie Rose.
He has also fantastic speach at TED where he talks about his "826 Valencia tutoring center".

Not far from now I will read his Zeitoun - it is already on my "next reading" list...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Macrospherology of humans. Globes - volume two of Peter Sloterdijk's Spheres

I have been reading the second volume of Sloterdijk's magnum opus for a couple of months now. I still haven't found the time for a f...