Friday, January 09, 2009

ClueTrain in a new light ...

I read "ClueTrain Manifesto" couple of times since 1999 when the book was first published. And always when I return to it, after some time, it appears to show some fresh aspects, some fresh views. Rick Levine, Christopher Locke, Doc Searls and my favorite, David Weinberger created something worth of return. If you still did not read it - its free: HERE.

If you have no time for the entire book, just read only these: 95 theses ....

My favorite two citations from the book:
"Companies need to realize their markets are often laughing. At them. "
"Hyperlinks subvert hierarchy."

This book is compulsory reading for all sales people in my company ....

See the citation:

"Although a system may cease to exist in the legal sense or as a structure of power, its values (or anti-values), its philosophy, its teachings remain in us. They rule our thinking, our conduct, our attitude to others.
The situation is a demonic paradox: we have toppled the system but we still carry its genes. "

Ryszard Kapuscinski, Polish journalist, 1991

Doubt it's still true? Look arround - Think about it ....

2 comments:

  1. I see why you go back to re-read this book! Thanks to your post, I have started reading...and can see the urgency and the importance of its message. It will be especially interesting to me to consider the healthcare industry (and my role in it) in the light of ClueTrain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you may be 100% right. However if I would apply this to Polish healthcare industry - it would be 1000% right !!! :-)

    Now, seriously, it is one of most influential books for so called "post-industrial" marketing, PR and communication ever written.

    See this:

    "Learning to speak with a human voice is not a parlor trick. It can't be "picked up" at some tony conference.

    To speak with a human voice, companies must share the concerns of their communities.

    But first, they must belong to a community.

    ReplyDelete

Macrospherology of humans. Globes - volume two of Peter Sloterdijk's Spheres

I have been reading the second volume of Sloterdijk's magnum opus for a couple of months now. I still haven't found the time for a f...