Sunday, April 01, 2012

My blogging is 300 posts old - in 7 years

Well, when I noticed few weeks ago that I'm close to 300 posts here, I planned to write a good, lengthy review of some of  the recent books I read (e.g. like this one). No way ... My life is periodically getting so busy that all me dreams to have time for a next good review are just dreams :-)

So in celebration of this 300 posts record, let me first thank to you, my readers and specially to you all who commented on my posts.

Second, let me list where am I with my reading (and thinking) now. I just finished Jaron Lanier's great book „You are not a gadget”. On the surface, he could be classified as Web2.0 pessimist, but in fact he is not. He is a true and deep thinker, and I still hope to write the review. To explore the fundamentals deeper, I now started reading James Surowicki'sWisdom of Crowds” - the classic book in the dialog between those who believe in the collective wisdom and those who seems to oppose it.

So, thematically, I returned to the circles where I started from - my blog adventure started when I found the blog of David Weinberger — incorrigible Web optimist !

Third, let me tell you about the virtual stockpile of my books-to-read, or books I started and could not finish yet. On top is still Iain Banks „Use of Weapons” (second reading), whom I hope to meet in Edinburgh on coming Thursday, then comes „The Emperor of Lies” by Steve Sem-Sandberg (specifically close to my heart as it is the book about my hometown - Lodz's Ghetto). There is also „All Things Shining: Reading the Western Classics to Find Meaning in a Secular Age” by Hubert Dreyfus and Sean Kelly , and ... many others...


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:04 PM

    Your reading and your writing about books has been an inspiration. I congratulate you on your 300th post. Carpe Liber!

    Raymond Harrison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:42 PM

    Thanks Raymond !
    Mirek

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations and keep going dad :-) the tickets for the meeting with Banks are waiting for you in my wallet, safely hidden.

    ReplyDelete

Macrospherology of humans. Globes - volume two of Peter Sloterdijk's Spheres

I have been reading the second volume of Sloterdijk's magnum opus for a couple of months now. I still haven't found the time for a f...