Monday, August 22, 2011

„The Name of the Rose” by Umberto Eco

When I noticed the parallels between  „The Name of the Rose” by Umberto Eco and Orhan's Pamuk „My name is Red” I spent several hours with the former. It was my second encounter to the book (first in my mother tongue many years ago). However, fo a moment I will restrain myself from writing about it. First I feel un urge to publish first my review of „My Name is Red”, second, the version of „The Name of the Rose” I listened to was abridged version, and I do not want to review it from it. Already have the unabridged and it waits ...

Meanwhile, having my fascination of Umberto Eco prose returning to me, I read „Foucault Pendulum” again... The review will come one day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Macrospherology of humans. Globes - volume two of Peter Sloterdijk's Spheres

I have been reading the second volume of Sloterdijk's magnum opus for a couple of months now. I still haven't found the time for a f...